Kitchen Corner

November 6, 2009

Cinnamon Bread Pudding

I've some leftover cinnamon buns and I want to give it a twist to something else. Bread butter pudding is a very traditional English dessert that usually serve with a dollop of ice cream or custard.
I made this pudding for breakfast so we eat it without adding any toppings. The bread pudding is very tasty with the smell of cinnamon together with the raisin and walnut. I like the crusty texture on top and soft moisture texture at the bottom. It's simply the best!
How I made it:
Lightly grease an oven proof shallow dish and preheat the oven to 170C. Cut three cinnamon buns into chunky pieces and place on the dish. In a sauce pan, warm 150ml fresh milk and 150ml fresh cream (or you could use 99% fat free butter milk). Add 1 tablespoon of natural maple syrup or honey until well combine. In another bowl, lightly beat 1 egg and add in the warm mixture and whisk until well combine. Pour the mixture to the cinnamon buns and bake at 170C preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm.

5 comments:

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

I love the smell of cinnamon and this looks really nice , thanks for sharing !

TINTIN said...

Omg,..this looks so delicious and it's cinnamon again. I shall bake more cinnamon buns and try this out in future. Grace, you always inspired me with your creativeness!!! I love your blog.

Passionate About Baking said...

Oh wow! This sounds good and easy to prepare. Next time can freeze the cinnamon buns for me! Heehee...

Christy said...

Delicious, delicious!!! I can just smell it baking now!

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi A Full Time Housefly,
Hope you will like this recipe. Cheers!

Hi TINTIN,
Thanks so much for your lovely words. That's so encouraging. Anyway, I'm not that creative but a very good copy cat hahaha... :)

Hi Jane,
Oh yea, I still have two buns in the freezer. Hopefully will last until we meet again yea :)

Hi Christy,
The cinnamon taste really good :P